Why do you need my Personal Information?
In order for Hire A Mermaid to provide you with your desired product or service we need personal information that is relevant to the delivery of that product or service; this information may include but is not limited to the delivery address of your product or service, your card details for payment, your email address for customer service, etc. If for some reason we have issues relating to processing your order, we will use this information to contact you. If you are not satisfied with your purchase please email us at email@example.com so we can do our best to resolve any issues.
Collection Of Personal Information
All personal information collected by Hire A Mermaid is collected via correspondence from you and generally you can decide whether you provide us with your real name or a pseudonym. You can also provide us with someone else’s personal information if you are purchasing a product or service for them or on their behalf; however you must have this person’s consent beforehand and we may ask for evidence of this consent. You may be able to purchase goods/ services from us without disclosing all requested personal information, however, we may not be able to provide your desired product or service in this case. When you provide your personal information to us, you confirm that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions along with this Policy, and consent to the collection and use of it.
Use of My Personal Information
As previously stated Hire A Mermaid requires personal information from its customers to deliver them with their desired product or service. Correspondence is documented to allow for product or service references, and to aid in service development. Uses of personal information include:
● Personal Information will only be disclosed to third-parties when necessary and relevant to ensure the delivery of your product or service. These reasons may include but are not limited to supplying your delivery address to shipping companies for the delivery of your package.
● Your personal information may also be used for communication purposes. This may include critical service details or simpler communications such as to offer you a promotion or chance to write a review; let us know if you would like to opt-out of this by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you decide to opt-out of messages, you will still receive necessary information based on any product or service bookings and other information that we are required to provide to you by law.
● When required by law.
● To prove or protect our legal rights.
● If you make an in-writing request to share your information with a third-party.
● To assist in investigations and to properly respond to your complaints or enquiries.
● For fraud detection and security protection.
● Analyse trends or demographics in an anonymised way e.g. to improve customer service or marketing.
● Update supply or inventory arrangements.
● Complete other transactions for you on your behalf.
● Keep our records up to date.
● In the event that we seek to sell Hire A Mermaid; To buyers or potential buyers.
Security of Personal Information: Hire A Mermaid wants you to know that all your personal information is generally stored electronically on password protected devices or cloud systems operated by us. Our website is also secure and all entertainers or product manufacturers are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and any breach of this agreement would result in termination. While Hire A Mermaid takes reasonable precautions to ensure that customer data is safe there is always risk of harm when using the internet hence, we cannot guarantee the security of customer data beyond what is rationally practical. Hire A Mermaid will never permanently store credit card information without you choosing to create an account and save that information. Otherwise, all customer data is generally stored for 5 years. When communicating to us via email, SMS or any other chat message monitored by another site do not disclose your full card details, If a reference to your card number is ever required, only the last four digits will be used in any form of written communication by us.
How Do I Change or Access my Personal Information? If your Personal Information changes, or you no longer wish your information to be stored because you no longer desire our products or services, you can update or delete your information by emailing us at email@example.com . You can also request your personal information file at any time, unless otherwise stated by law however, we may require proof of identity. If you wish to do so please send us an email. Hire A Mermaid reserves the right to charge a fee per request.
Hire A Mermaid does not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 16 years of age. If you are under the age of 16 you are not permitted to use or submit your personal data to this website. If we discover that we have collected personal data from a child under this age for any reason, it will be quickly deleted when possible. If a child under the age of 16 has provided their personal details their parent or guardian can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us and have it removed. If you wish to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR, please contact us at: email@example.com
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
For all users in the European Union, know that Hire A Mermaid adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”); and for all users within the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as set out in the Data Protection Act 2018. Personal Information that Hire A Mermaid collects from you may be transferred, and stored at, destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). This data may also be processed by Hire A Mermaid which also operates outside the EEA to ensure your order is fulfilled, your payment is processed, and other things in relation to your order and Hire A Mermaid.
Hire A Mermaid takes reasonable steps to protect private information. We do not have a specific Data Protection Officer as it is not required of us however, can be contacted about any concerns via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Legal Basis For Processing:
Hire A Mermaid only collects and processes personal information about EU users when there is legal basis for doing so (under Article 6 of the GDPR). These bases relied on to be permitted to collect and process personal data of EU users are:
- To process user personal data is required for us or a third party to pursue a legitimate interest. The legitimate interest of Hire A Mermaid is not overridden by fundamental rights, freedoms or interests of users. The legitimate interest(s) being to: Supply the customer or consumer with their product or service; and
- The processing of user personal data is required for Hire A Mermaid to take, at the request of the user to complete their service request, steps prior to entering into a contract or for the accomplishment of a contract to which the user is a party. If however, the user does not provide the personal data required to execute a contract the consequences are: Hire A Mermaid can not fulfil the delivery of the desired product or service.
Your Rights as a User
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights:
● Right to be informed about your personal data;
● Right to access your personal data;
● Right to correct your data;
● Right to erase your personal data;
● Right to data portability;
● Right to restrict or object to processing of your personal data and